GameBlips is a group of video game players that started a multimedia rich, electronic fanzine called “The Conduit” back in the winter of 1995. Distribution was interesting back then. Internet was starting to get to the masses and was a “deal” at $20.00/month! Simple things like email addresses weren’t free but AOL floppy disks were. So with the wonders of local BBS locations and free floppy disks, a small group of friends started something way ahead of it’s time.
Our only regret is that we never kept originals of our 2 issues we put out.
Now we are all older and wiser. The internet is now something much different as it was back in 1994/1995. Floppy disks have gone the way of dialup modems and BBS software. Our main form of distribution became a Podcast and website both with virtually unlimited storage online.
We had a great run of 2 years with the show but called it quits for production as real world schedules took over. With our gaming labor of love only on the back burner, 2012 came around and we slowly started making another run for our passions of gaming, toys and anime. Again, a little older and wiser, we welcomed everyone to come and share in our fun.
Late 2013 came around and talk with friends became a test with incredibly inexpensive standard def capture hardware to test the waters with livestreaming to Ustream. It became a real thing in September, 2014!
- Fred (ChoSanJuan) – Founding Member. All around tech guy from sites, social media, podcast production, etc…
- Eric (CaptainErock) – The man that kept GameBlips going into the new age of livestreaming back in 2013
- Kara (PeachyKS22)- Yeah, our girl gamer. Be jealous. (I’ll let her add more info here as she sees necessary.)
- Alex (Technogaja) – Our newest gamer. Another catalyst to pushing us into the streaming era of GameBlips, September 2014.
- John (JboyPacman) – Founding and continued honorary member. All about gaming, toys and tons of pop culture